Ad

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's

New Year's pretty much came and went. Nothing too special at all: I was in bed by about ten. New Year's is usually just an excuse to get drunk anymore, and I'm really trying to stay away from alcohol as much as I can. All alcohol does is make me really bloated and the more I drink the more pounds I put on, so I'm back to abstaining as much as I can.

And then there's my soda addiction and the fact that I started back up with smoking again a few weeks ago. I know I know, bad, Katie, bad bad Katie. I really couldn't help it because for some reason I was really craving cigarettes. Maybe the burnt out single mother part of me was craving them. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I smoke about three cigs a day and I'm going to phase them out eventually.


I have eaten a lot of sugar since the new year came in, but I’m at the time in my weight loss where I ‘m ready to really cut down on it. That and carbs. Sugar and carbs are always my biggest weaknesses. That is really not good considering diabetes is very prevalent on my father’s side of the family.

I really can’t eat whatever I want anymore. I’m 28 years old now; it isn’t like it was back when I was 21 and pack it away, exercise three times a week, and that was enough to maintain my figure. I really have to work at it now and I really can’t gobble down junk food like I used to. It’s official: I really have to make the effort to stay at a healthy weight.

But this year I want to get shredded. I want to see how ripped and defined I can get this year. I want to keep my curves, but there’s definitely too much jiggle in my wiggle, if you catch my drift. So I stared replacing soda with vitamin water, drinking one to two cups of green tea with Splenda, drinking one 8 ounce cup of milk spiked with milk chocolate Ovaltine.

I have Exercise TV on demand, so that’s what I will be doing for my cardio/strength training. I also will most likely get a membership to the gym closest to me. I want to hit the gym like twice a week and then do two workouts at home a week. The more strenuous exercise will obviously be had at the gym, and my recovery exercise at home.

I know I can do this. I have to do this. For myself, and my daughter. I have to be around for a long time for her. She’s my walking talking reason to rehabilitate myself from binge eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment