Ad

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday, November 28th 2010


I don't know really what to write now. I'm watching the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" which I haven't seen in a while. The red-headed guy, Eric Stoltz, actually turned out to be a pretty handsome guy. The girls in that movie look the same, as does Elias Koteas (everyone mistakes him for Chris Meloni from Law and Order SVU).
I want to get started on my book of erotica that I want to get published, but I suppose I could simply make it into a zine. It has been so long since I have done one, but I don't really think I have the funds to use a self-publisher. In the long run, I would only have enough money to publish one book.
I should write down some ideas for new stories. I might do a sapphic story, since I have never done one.
It's just really difficult to write about sex when you don't really have a sex drive to speak of. I have said that a million times, but it's a burden that I have to deal with and it's really annoying. It's been getting harder and harder (no pun intended) for me to remember what I wanted to write down because of these stupid medications that I am on, but that mess is a story for another time.
I have been getting into Charles Dickens a lot lately. My sister was heavily into him back in the day, according to one of my history teachers. He also have her an old collection of Jane Austen's books.
I think about how many books I myself have read I have read in my lifetime. I think I might spend some time on Good Reads to see what books my mom could get me (she works at one of the county libraries).
Sometimes I think I should read more "sagas", like The Vampire Diaries by Anne Rice. I haven't read any sci-fi either, even though I have been given the titles of many that I should read. I am not sure why but I never could get into sci-fi. I've always been so drawn to classic literature my whole life that it is hard for me to pry myself away from it.
Can anyone recommend some good sci-fi books (besides Phillip K. Dick I believe his name is)?

3 comments:

  1. Have you looked at Lulu.com? I've thought several times about trying to write a book and self publish it.

    Check out the demo page at

    http://www.lulu.com/en/about/demo.php

    ((HUGS)) Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about lulu.com but I have a friend that might be able to get me an editor and maybe an agent, so I want to see how that turns out first then if I can't get anything going with that I'll go to lulu.com

    ReplyDelete