Ad

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fiona's New Album

What can I say?  I love the woman:



I took the liberty of pre-ordering her new album, "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do.






"Every Single Night"


Every single night I endure the flight 
Of little whims of white flame 
Butterflies in my brain 
These ideas of mine percolate the mind 
Trickle down the spine 
Form the belly swelling to a blaze 

That's where the pain comes in 
Like a second skeleton 
Trying to fit beneath the skin 
I can't get the feelings in 

Every single nights a light 
With my brain 

And I say to her 
Why'd I say it to her 
What does she think of me 
That I'm not what I ought to be 
That I'm what I try not to be 
Has got to be somebody else's fault 
I can't get caught 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/fiona+apple/every+single+night_21011757.html ] 
If what I am is what I am 
Cuz I does what I does 
Then brother get back cuz my breast gonna bust open 
The rib is the shell and the heart is the yolk 
And I just made a meal for us both to choke on 

Every single nights a fight 
With my brain 

I just wanna feel everything x3 

So I'm gonna try to be still now 
Gonna renounce the mill a little while 
And if we had a double king size bed 
We could move in it and I'd soon forget 

If what I am is what I am 
Cuz I does what I does 
And maybe I'd relax let my breast just bust open 
My hearts made of parts of all that's around me 
And that's why the devil just can't get around me 

Every single nights alright 
Every single nights a fight 
Every single fights alright 
With my brain 

I just wanna feel everything


"Anything We Want"
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment