Ad

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 21

Write about your best friend (not significant other) and what makes them special.

During my travels, I have seen friends come and go.  The friends that have gone are either gone because I never want to talk to them again, or we just lost touch and went from hot to cold, so to speak.

If we're talking "girlfriends", then I would nominate my friend Joanna as my best friend.  I met her when I worked as a pharmacy tech at "Wrong Help", and ever since we've been a part of each other's lives.  We became really close once we realized that our due dates were near each other.  We had our babies two weeks apart, and she has been there since day one with my daughter.  I was going through the worst time of my life, the drama with my daughter's father, and she was there.  She never judged me whenever I made mistakes, and I consider her the Godmother of my daughter if I believed in organized religion.  She's like me: hates drama and that's one of the big things I love about her.

We all have that person whom has seen us through the absolute worst times of our lives, and she is that person for me.  I used to have someone I've known for forever and in all the years I've known that person, she was never as dependable and giving as Joanna.  That person pales in comparison to Joanna.  Even though I can't see her as much as I wish I could (she has a lot more friends than I do and likes to go out a lot more than I do), and although she's having some personal troubles of her own, I know she's always there for me.

We go on dinner dates (lots and lots of sushi) and don't party much (I can't handle partying as much as she can.  I never could!), but we always have a good time, especially when we're together with our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment