Ad

Friday, August 10, 2012

No A/C!!!

Our freakin' air conditioner broke.  I cannot explain how pissed off I am about it.  I have no idea how my Dad is going to fix it, but my best guess is that this air conditioner is just too old and it's time for a new one.

Lexi and I went for a walk to get Pop Tarts and other assorted goodies and it was drizzling a bit of rain.  Just as we got home, the thunder started and we just missed a thunderstorm.  Lexi is biding her time between playing in the living room and climbing onto the back of the sofa to look out the window.  I'm watching "House" in a room far enough so that I don't have to hear the same tv shows she has been watching since she could sit up, but not too far that I can't hear what's going on in the living room.

Lexi has been having her moments (usually at home) but all her teachers for her summer session said that she was a sweet kid and a pleasure to work with.  I take comfort in that as a single mother because it is honestly a thankless job raising a kid, even less so when the kid has non-verbal Autism.  Luckily Lexi is slowly learning how to express herself with her hand and her movements, and occasionally you'll hear a word or a phrase come out of her.  She show us the different emotions she goes through during different scenarios, which is a lot better than how she was at around 2, when she would just look around like her head was in the clouds.  She still does that, but she's making a ton of eye contact since she was 2 as well.

I'm just glad she's progressing.  I'll keep everyone abreast of her milestones and changes in her.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment