Ad

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Days of Summer

This Friday Lexi starts kindergarten.  She is going through the same classes she went through last year, but the school is going to recognize her as a kindergardener.

She's also grown an inch or two.  Now when I take her for a walk, I don't have to walk lopsided to compensate for her height.  People see her whole face when she walks up to a counter in a store.

So much has gone by since Lexi was born.  It's too much to take in all at once.  My thinking culminates to the reports I got from Lexi's teachers and therapists from last year.  All of them say that Lexi is a pleasure to work that.  She's that way because of me.  My parents play a huge role in it too, but she's that way because I worked so hard the first two years of her life to make it better than I had it when I was a kid.

It paid off.  Her childhood is so much better than mine.  It used to make me cry, comparing the two in my mind, but now it just makes me smile.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment