Ad

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life

Lexi is at a school that she will be in until she graduates high school.  My county's special services are some of the best around.  The bus driver and crew are already enamored of her.  A neighbor still goes to the special school in my town that Lexi went to, so right after she is dropped off, Lexi and I wave hello to the bus driver.  She says Lexi has gotten big, and she has.  While a little chubby, Lexi could be the bouncer at any birthday party parents create for their kids.  Her fee is a plate of really good french fries with lots of ketchup.

(Lexi getting off the bus from her 1st day of school)


Life has been boiled down to this:

My mother, my daughter and I, all on our brand new front porch, Mom and I listening to dirty stand up comedians (Ralphie May on Rhapsody), while we watch Lexi bounce around from one side of the porch to the other.  On a beautiful day you can sit there and as you look up you feel like you're in the planetarium of the Ben Franklin Institute.  We sit and I sift through one of my tablets, my Mom and I searching for Halloween costumes.  This porch is rife for a good prank.  The old "dead body on the porch" trick.  I haven't decided yet.  Dad also barbeques more.  I forgot how much I missed his BBQ'ed salt and pepper chicken wings.  The produce in NJ this summer has been INSANE.  Corn on the cob so sweet and tasty you don't even need butter.  I didn't bite into one single sour strawberry, I watched my daughter eat tomatoes as if they were apples, and this summer had peaches that were so juicy you had to eat them with a bib.

I love when my part of the Earth is on the cusp of Fall.  It is my favorite time of the year.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment