Ad

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Straight Elmore Leonard

In 8th grade I had the choice of three high schools to go to since my town only has elementary and middle schools. I chose the high school my older sister chose. It lies in a historical town, and there are parts that are very lovely and parts that are very sinister. When it comes to this high school, the very sinister makes the front page and the very lovely gets a blurb somewhere inside the county paper, which I actually live within walking distance of (as a budding writer I loved the tour we got to take of it in elementary school). I also live within walking distance of a place that was formerly a farmer's market, and had a Lil' Kim concert there. There were a lot of people who didn't go because they were afraid of the good possibility of a gang fight happening. I live pretty close to both Philly and Trenton, NJ. Gangs just migrate through my area like wild salmon. Snitches don't get stitches, they get bullet holes. Ain't no white people 'round here got time for that, and I may look like some 17 year old single mother/white girl, but I was taught by the best. I made it a point to be taught by the best. After one family turned the house across the street from me, where my first best friend used to live into a fucking meth lab, that was the last straw. You don't fuck with the 31 year old gringa on the corner, because this is MY neighborhood. I swear to God I hear anybody ever tries something like that again here I'm crackin' skulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment