Ad

Sunday, June 22, 2014

#JennaMarbles and the "Y" Generation Loophole to Success





"When You Blame Generation-Y For Being Lazy, Remember Who Raised Us"
 http://elitedaily.com/life/to-our-elders-with-hesitant-respect/

(Great article from elitedaily.com- the voice of the Y generation)


The Y Generation is a generation raised on lies and mixed messages.

The lies of omission do the most damage. For example: we were raised to believe knowledge is power.  I don't recall any teacher I've ever had tell my fellow students and I that WHO you know is every bit as important, and in a lot of cases, more important. 

We are raised to believe that you can be whatever you want to be.  I've always wanted to be a writer, and I am all too familiar with the stereotypical response to my answer "that's a hobby.  when are you getting a REAL job?"

"Oh Jenna, you don't deserve this kind of fame: posting videos on the internet machine is not a REAL job, silly rabbit!" -says the  the dried up old cunt from GMA who gave Jenna Mourey, a girl who obtained a Master's degree years before hitting 30, one of the most unprofessional interviews ever

The internet needs all the help it can get when it comes to who is popular.  My father's side is Irish-Catholic, and I knew a LOT of curse words by the time I was about six, and I turned out functionally dysfunctional, just like most of my peers.  I have no shame in it, and neither should they: it builds character.  I guess we have the television show "Roseanne" to thank for that.





There is room for everyone on the internet, competition has nothing to do with the fame that 
strikes you from it,there is no glass ceiling to break, and anybody can collaborate with anybody 
using their God given talents, intelligence, cleverness and imagination to make THEMSELVES
 ALONE rich, which is something that can never happen while you're living "on the grid" in 
America's capitalist society, where the majority of citizens spend their lives having to deal with 
a boss who wants you to work hard so THEY get a bigger bonus at the end of the year. (I had a 
boss tell me that once: "The harder you work, the bigger my bonus gets!") 



Jenna's success on the interwebz is similar but much more tame than Katniss Everdeen's success in winning the first Hunger Games for Peta and herself.  She found a loophole, and nobody saw it coming.  Jenna is a loophole to success without selling your soul to "the man", and Big Media didn't see it coming, and a dream come true to a feminist like myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment