Ad

Friday, March 27, 2015

I No Longer Support "Autism Speaks"

This coming autism awareness month (starts april 1st, Lexi's bday) you're going to see that I have stopped supporting Autism Speaks.

They are a big reason Autism is treated like a terrible disease that needs a cure.    That couldn't be farther from the truth, and if you know me or read any of my blogs etc. enough, you know that I don't bullshit about important issues.  What is worse is the fact that they refuse to admit it.

I'm building my own website that will be a positive source of information and support for those who have nonverbal Autism (what Lexi has) or anyone involved with someone with nonverbal Autism.   Lexi is a minority inside of a minority, as most cases of Autism occur in males and only 25% of Autistics are nonverbal, or mutes.

Autism Speaks tries to spread the message that there is something wrong with the fact that my beautiful daughter's differences are a problem that needs to be "fixed".  There are more than enough broken kids in this world, and my daughter is blessed not to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment