Ad

Thursday, July 23, 2015

I've Developed an #AlanRickman Obsession

AKA "the British Kevin Bacon"





My other British male celebrity obsessions are Hugh Laurie and Malcolm McDowell.

The first time I had really noticed Alan Rickman and grew to like him was (in a typical Jersey girl fashion) when I saw him in the Kevin Smith film "Dogma".  I had seen him before but not in a comedic role.  I have started reading Harry Potter and did not know how involved he was in the creation of the character Severus Snape, and his performance in the last Potter movie and his love of the books have really made me "swoony"

This past weekend I watched "Die Hard" for the first time and managed to find clips of him playing Valmont in "Dangerous Liaisons" on stage, both back in the late 1980's, and after that I could definitely see why he was voted as one of the sexiest Brits.  I also found a copy of the movie "Closet Land", and I can't believe that that movie is so overlooked, because Rickman was brilliant.

The older men I fall for are usually very talented British men.  Heck, I also love Kevin Spacey and he basically relocated to London years ago.  

I also like men who are into and are talented thespians.  Bonus points if they've been involved in Shakespeare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment