Ad

Friday, December 9, 2016

Thoughts on 34

I spent a big chunk of my birthday at the group therapy I go to, and my Dad bought two dozen red and green vanilla and chocolate Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause cupcakes.  The faces were actually rings, so I noticed that some people were wearing it, but we're not kids so they only fit on everyone's pinky finger.

I didn't realize until it was too late that the cupcakes with the green icing turned your teeth green, so I had to warn everyone after I saw a couple people with green teeth telling me how good the cupcakes were.  Oops.

A couple hours after I got home, Lexi cuddled with me for about 10 minutes, which is really what I wanted for my birthday but didn't assume would happen.  I'm really glad she did.  I was in a  funk at group hoping she would want to, and she did.

She's started doing that during the holidays: hugging me and cuddling with me on holidays.  My parents and I hug in front of her to show her that's a good way for her to show affection to her loved ones without her hurting anybody.  She doesn't know her own strength, so hugging is one thing she can use her strength on for most people other than my Grandma, who's reaching 100 years old.

My birthday is never really a big deal anymore, not until my 40th birthday in any case.  Forty will be a big milestone for me.  It will be the 33rd anniversary of when I had that severe case of mono that could have killed me.  My 47th birthday will make it an even 40.

I'm glad I've made it this far, and I'm trying really hard to make sure I'm around as long as possible for my baby girl, family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment