Ad

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's a new dawn, it's a new day....

I've decided that I'm going to try to get as toned up as possible. I have been binging on junk food for far too long and I want to get back to being healthy. I did it before (when Lexi was 2) and I can do it again. I have been allowing my emotions dictate what I eat for far too long and I'm actually kind of ashamed that I let it get this out of hand. It's ridiculous and it has to stop. Healthy healthy healthy.

But no more. I'm going to be lean and mean and that's all there is to it.

A lot of it has to do with all of the trauma I have been dealing with since Lexi was born: so much has happened so fast during the last 3 1/2 years that I feel I am just now able to catch my breath.

Right now I feel like I've just been eating my feelings and blaming it on the medication I'm on (it really does give me an appetite, and I am working to keep it in check).

I just want to be less jiggly and more toned. I want to see how much work I have to put into getting my body to be really lean.

I'll have to give up 90% of my bread intake. It's like a dagger through my heart, that's how much I love bread, but I must do it.

I know I can do this.



More fiber, whole grains, colorful veggies, lean chicken, smart balance peanut butter, lean meats, milk, fruit with anti-oxidants, less processed foods.

I may just have to do lean cuisine for dinner every night, but that's ok with me. I might do the cereal diet: cereal for breakfast and lunch, then a sensible dinner. I have to stay away from all the junk food and chocolate I've been eating. I need healthy, cleansing food.

Diabetes runs in my family big time, and I'm not getting any younger, so I really need to get my act together so that I don't wind up having to take two hand fulls of pills every day.

I'll be in my 30's soon, and I want to look the absolute best I can when I turn 30. That will be my birthday present to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment