Ad

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Diet Days #1

I started going to this gym that's right around the corner from where I live. I've been going there for about a week now. I haven't lost any weight but I can feel my body starting to get used to working out again.

A year ago I was dancing for an hour a day in my basement, and it sure as hell kept me in shape, but because I was dancing on concrete, it sure as hell caused me a lot of back problems. I don't do that anymore and I am replacing that with the gym. I stopped working out a while ago and I actually started smoking a few weeks ago, but that's something that I'm going to kick so that I can workout easier and not loose my breath too soon while working out.

Mostly I just do the treadmill and the elliptical, then I do calisthenics to try to get my body toned up.

My diet on the other hand, still needs a lot of work. I'm trying really hard not to binge anymore, and if I do binge I'm trying to do it with foods that are healthy and won't pack on the pounds. It wasn't too long ago that I was sitting in front of my TV wolfing down a whole package of cookies over and over and over, along with a huge amount of various high fat and junk foods. I mean, talk about eating your feelings: I was doing it pretty hardcore for weeks. Now it's time to face the music and lose the weight that I gained because I was stressed or sad due to all the trauma that was going on at the time.

Honestly a part of me doesn't want to go because I'm sore and working through that stupid pain barrier sucks, but I don't want to break the momentum I have managed to start. I am seriously done with "Yo-Yo Dieting". I'm getting too old for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment