Ad

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wallflower

There are in fact perks to being a wallflower. You get to see all the action and make your own conclusions.

My whole life I've been a wallflower. Once I became older, I became less about watching the action but being the action one watches from a distance. There are times when my back is no where near the wall. There are times when I am actually the center of attention, whether I like it or not.

For the most part, I still am a wallflower, but I have come out of my shell quite a bit in the passing years, to the point where I sometimes do not even recognize myself. I became aggressive, focused, determined when it came to what I want. I want something (usually it's "someone"), I get it, in some way, shape or form. That's just how it is.

However, I still do not mind being a spectator now and then. You learn so much through observation.

“They who are in the highest places, and have the most power, have the least liberty, because they are the most observed”

-John Tillotson

No comments:

Post a Comment