Ad

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Ringside

I am a Sagittarius: a natural-born competitor.

It is true, the only times I ever duke it out are in a literary sense in writing contests, but like music, competition is a universal language.

I have many aliases online. Most know me by "Sly Paradox" or "Trixie McBimbo"; especially if you are involved in the Myspace blogosphere. However, my "real life" last name is as much a legacy as any in the WWE. In the metropolitan area of Philadelphia and as well as New Jersey, many may not know exactly who my family and I am, but there is a good chance you may have heard of us in some way, shape or form.

I was a tomboy growing up. I can still remember the first times I watched the Undertaker enter the arena to that unique dirge of his. I was hooked on pro-wrestling and combat sports ever since. The adrenaline rush, the chemistry, the choreography, the lights, the sounds, the entire experience is something I cannot live without. Like the ladies of the court sat next to their Queen and drank in with bated breath the spectacle of the Gladiators so many lifetimes ago, I find myself drawn to the ringside.

It is for these unique experiences that I continue to challenge nay-sayers when they claim that wrestling is not real. Maybe the scripts are not always up to par, or the sportsman’s acting on the level with Sir Anthony Hopkins, but the blood, sweat, and tears are very much real.

No comments:

Post a Comment