Ad

Thursday, July 19, 2012

How do you handle/deal with both success and failure?

Day 26: How do you handle/deal with both success and failure?


I have lost friends due to my success.  It hurts every time it happens, and yes, it keeps happening, and will probably always happen in my life.

Not everything I have done has succeeded, and I make it a point to take my knocks like a woman.  The older I get, the more I really stand firm in spite of the fact that I just made a mistake or had an idea that was a disaster or fizzled out.

The thing is; I had a near death experience when I was 17.  It changed me forever.  I do not look at the world the same way most people do.  Only those who have also experienced this phenomenon know what I'm talking about.  Life can cause you to grow a pretty multifaceted sense of humor that can downright appall people at times.

I am only human: I enjoy the fruits of my labor more than anyone will ever know.

Regret scares me.  It really, really scares me.  It always has.

I try to be humble in the mist of my success, and I force myself to see the lesson in every failure I encounter.  I think that's all anyone can really do.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment