Ad

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chronic Migraine Hell

For some reason I no longer just get a migraine sometimes because it's that time of the month: I've been getting 3 or 4 migraines a month.  This makes it very hard sometimes to talk to my friends and catch up or hang out.  It's to the point that I have to schedule everything around them and I am trying all kinds of things to make them more infrequent or at least less painful.  The best things I have tried so far is 1. NO alcohol 2. NO drinks with phosphoric acid or artificial sweeteners, and more calcium.  I am a HUGE soda addict but I have for the most part switched it with seltzer water (there are some pretty good flavored ones out there at Sam's or BJ's, I forget which one) or club soda.  Thankfully I like both now.  Cutting soda out of my diet is one of the hardest things I've had to do for the sake of my health because I am SO addicted to it.  That tv show "Intervention" could dedicate an episode to me, it's that bad.

But cutting those things out of my life are slowly starting to pay off.  While I still get migraines, my acid reflux is for the most part gone, and that has been making me happier.  My sister actually had to have acid reflux surgery because she loves her diet colas.  I'd rather not have mine get that bad.

The older I get, the more I appreciate slow but steady progress when it comes to my personal goals.  Constantly reminding myself that I need to simmer down because I still have a lot of post traumatic stress to deal with  is helping out the most.  Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't have to wake up one morning and decide that everything is magically fine and live my life happily ever after in my little box on the hillside made of ticky-tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment